15 December 2008

All of a sudden all these people have blogs!

I feel I ought to write something. Mostly because it's 1 am and I have nothing else to do.

I am thinking about cringing. Our entire lives are devoted to doing and thinking things that will leave our future self cringing at the thought of how stupid we used to be. I used to keep copious journals. They are just lists of things to cringe at. Freshman year, I cringed at who I was at the beginning of high school. Now I cringe at myself freshman year. I wonder what the shelf life is of a version of oneself. I think it changes throughout life. Right now in my life, it's probably a year and a half to two years. I hope the shelf life gets longer as you get older.

I am going to look back on this in another year or two and cringe.

No comments: