Last night a bunch of us got together to watch Scrubs (the new season is really good by the way, despite the network change), and then played a game of Risk. I worked furiously to conquer Europe, and had enough of a stronghold is Asia that I could feasibly take that over too, but as soon as I got Europe I didn't want anything else. I was content to eat cheese and go to art museums, and didn't care if I won the game or not. I realized then, that I don't care if I'm in first place, as long as I'm not in last place. It was an interesting thing to discover.
This week is glorious. I'm relaxed and productive at the same time, and in 2 days I'll be en route to Florida for the beauty that is tour. Two of our counterparts at the U of I will be sticking around for the first couple days of our tour because of a transportation issue--I'm really excited to hang out with them and have some inter-Titanic bonding. I need to go get a book to read by the pool...I doubt I'll have much luck finding the Year of Living Biblically at Avol's, and it's too late to order it on Amazon :( Perhaps some more Vonnegut. It is always more Vonnegut...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have the year of living biblically, if you want it.
At the start of this post I thought to myself, "Julie! I wouldn't have imagined you playing Risk!" By the end of the paragraph, I learned how that would really happen, which is unsurprising. ;P
I took Jenny's Risk virginity the other day. Violently.
Post a Comment