27 October 2009

Hello out there?

I should not be awake right now, and I should definitely not be writing a blog. But I've been thinking lately how people should blog more (or ever) because I don't see you all or have any idea what's going on in your lives--and even though we don't all talk all the time, I still get curious. And I suppose most of you (if anybody is even reading this) have no idea what's going on in my life either.

I've been thinking lately about how my life can be simultaneously so busy and so boring. It's time to change that. If I only had...time to change that. But Halloween is this weekend and that's exciting--even though I still have some costume completion/construction to do. I have all these ideas about wanting to create exciting things and plan exciting events, but when I look for a time to do it, I come up with nothing.

I need to finish my 50 hours of costume lab--23 down, 27 to go--preferably in the next 3 weeks. It is not likely to happen, at all. Time seems to be the most important thing lately, overriding everything else. There is never enough time. My weekend was 23 hours long, and it went from 7:30 Sunday to 6:30 Monday. It was self designated, but well spent.

I'm an assistant director for one of the department shows right now. It's tiring but exciting. Mostly I observe. I'm learning a lot. I can't wait til I can stop taking classes and just pursue stuff like this, though. Well, and that whole "life" thing that's apparently happening in 8 months.

Today, I was thinking about that passage from The Bell Jar where there's a fig tree (I think) and each fig is an option and if you pick one, the others disappear. It is very topical. I'm starting to see the linear paths that each decision creates. Cause and effect. Action and reaction. I like it more in art than in life, I think. It's weird how all of this makes me want to be very proactive and to shut down completely, both at the same time.

Now's the part where I feel like no one wants to read any of this and I contemplate deleting it. But I won't, and if you got bored, you probably stopped reading by now anyway.

So...how have you been?

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I read it.

I also think everyone should blog more.

Though I've been blogging a great deal.

I'm not sure if my blogs are an actual indicator of much though. Let's talk sometime.

Jennifer said...

I read it, too.

I also think I might (finally) start a blog (I've been saying that for the past month, though).

I am going to New York for a dance intensive over winter break. I don't have the money for it, but am going anyways. It will be exciting!