10 November 2008

A Rut?

I had the unsettling realization tonight that my life has fallen into a routine. I don't usually do that. I've always had tendencies to do certain things at certain times, but it's not normally planned out on a weekly basis. Obviously rehearsals happen at the same time every week: Mondays for femprov, Thursdays for B2KC, Sundays for B2KC and Founders. And conversational English tutoring is Monday afternoons, every week. And my social life goes the same way! Tuesdays: falafel and coffee with Sherri. Wednesdays: Titanic lunch at the Rathskeller, usually including a game of Abdel. Thursdays: watching The Office after rehearsal. The weekends are more amorphous. I'm surprised that I like the routine. It's comforting. Weeks are more bearable when fun things are scheduled in, right? But no wonder I'm starting to feel...boring. Not bored. Just boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had this experience. The kind of routine that is comforting is the most dangerous kind -- if you're fine with it, then just keep going. But if you want to change it, change it completely. The best route is usually halfway between, walking the line between comfort and fun routine and chaos and fun unpredictability.

Wake up every morning and attack the day as if it were a piece of fruit and you were desperately hungry.