05 November 2008
Yes We Can
There is nothing quite like crawling into bed after an extremely long, exhausting day only to instantly get a phone call saying "There are hundreds of people out on the capital square! Get over here now!" with screams of "Obama! Woooo!" in the background. There was a screaming, cheering procession all the way from the capital square down State Street, completely spontaneously. It was one of the most joyful things I've ever experienced. This is an exciting time to be alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope all this actually comes to something. It'd be sad if none of this idealism pushed to something real, something with substance.
It is amazing though, that he's inspired cynical people to believe, even for an instant, that by hoping for something, we can actually move towards achieving it.
If nothing else, that's a special feeling I'll always remember.
Post a Comment