29 June 2010
Something that has been a great comfort to me lately is the universality of theatre. Moving to a new city I just wasn't sure what to expect. You know, do people do things the same way in the professional world? Is it going to be unrecognizably different? But so far, all the games and warm ups we've done at camp are the same ones I do/did in Titanic and at UW. When I teach things and use either improv terminology or theatre concepts, the other teacher can pick up exactly where I leave off. In rehearsals for the show I'm SMing right now, I hear the director use all the same words I know. In my interview today I knew all the vocabulary to use when I was describing my vision and ideas. I am a lot more prepared than I ever realized...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment