Things I'm excited about right now:
Sherlock Holmes closed this weekend (not the exciting part, that part's sad), which means I made it through a whole five week run without causing a major snafu onstage. Also, what an amazing run and a cool group of people to work with for the summer. Such serendipity.
Off and running with my next project: Gaston! I am directing a musical sketch based on Beauty and the Beast. It's improv and theatre all rolled into one.
I just scored a total dream job: rentals department of a costume supply store. It's only seasonal for now I think, but I don't even care. They showed me around today and it was just like being in the costume shop of a theatre--so much cool stuff! I still don't quite believe it since I don't have anything in writing and haven't actually started...and it seems way too good to be true. And yes, I realize I have low standards for "dream job."
I've decided I'm going to do Second City's program, after being really indecisive for a while. I need to take advantage of the next few months where I don't have a full rehearsal schedule, and their next session starts soonest. So as long as they let me into Improv for Actors, I am good to go.
New improv team starting up! We have a show on Saturday. I'm so excited to be back! Nervous, since it's been a while, but I'm excited for all the new people I get to work with.
I am finally moving into my bedroom, and I have the most fantastic new (old) dresser. It came from my mom's grandfather's house and has been in our attic forever. I haven't had a real dresser since I lived in the dorms, and I'm inordinately excited about it.
Wow, that list got really long. I did not realize how optimistic I'm feeling these days. I could make a list for the flip side of things that are upsetting me, but I don't really want to find out how long that one is.

No comments:
Post a Comment